So since the lay-off there has been a re-distribution of work. We are all picking up our part to help get it all done. It's a constant madhouse all the time, and there is less conversation for less distraction. Now don't get me wrong, I love when we all start yelling banter from office to office and I love when we give each other crap and when my stomach hurts at the end of the day from laughing so hard. However, this year is a little different. It's our busy season and last year I had someone in my ear constantly rambling and it was so distracting and I felt like I had to work when they weren't there to get my job done. Now this year I am ahead of schedule, able to take 3-4 hours and get more done in the 8 I used to work at work. There is work being dropped off at my desk constantly and there is never a shortage! Not to mention the office I need to clean out next to mine with plenty of filing for 2006. Let alone 2007! I am thinking that you're all like, WHAT? IS SHE CRAZY!?!?!?!?? She's glad to have too much work? See, I have learned that if you have too much work, that means you're needed. If you always have something to do, then you always look busy. If you move at the constantly busy speed long enough, when you run out of things to do, it makes you hunt for special projects or helping others. This all looks good. In this day in age, the more you can do, the busier you look, the more likely you are to have a job!!! And with this economy, who wouldn't be thankful for that???
So said person who was let go is out there looking for a job in the field that is the easiest to get one in (tons of accounting jobs are open here) and yet, you still have to have initiative and be an active searcher to make it happen. You have to make yourself different and noticable, yk? So as I try to help this person stay upbeat about everything happening to her recently, I know it won't do much good. I find it sad. There are some things you can't bring out in people if they don't see it in themselves. And for those like me, who try to find the good in the negative and try to push, no matter what you are dealt, it's frustrating. Frustrating as hell. I recognize the control freak factor, but it's not like I get anything out of it by helping other recognize potential. Aside from the feeling of good from helping people. I just hate watching people waste potential, it's another twisted control freak symptom, yes, I know.
I guess I will just have to find a way to deal with it, but I hope to someday find a way to help people recognize their capabilities for the better and maybe, just maybe, help them get the confidence to make a change, make a difference. Until then, I will fester with frustration in those situations :)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
So Busy I Can Almost Stand It.
Posted by Information at 7:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment