Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Two Peas in a Pod!

So we all know that Camryn has been through quite a bit this year, it's amazing when we look back at all the ups, downs, and inbetweens! She has had seizures, had breaks, and had real information to help her move on. It's amazing to me to know that we can go through this in one year, and know that we can get to this point again, should 2009 bring us more challenges.
I love the term "any given sunday" for just this reason. Though a football quote, it has so much meaning for those who believe... believe in whatever, ya know? We lived week to week, day to day for some time and we can finally book things a few weeks out in advance. It's a wonderful feeling. Camryn was at the 4 week mark when this picture was taken, now most parents don't want to show their kid completely banged up, but I see this photo as a badge of honor. On this day, Camryn was just a regular kid who fell too hard on the carpet goofing around on the stairs at daycare. No head injury, no black out, no seizure, and most of all, no hospital run! Just a regular kid, doing regular things. It brings hope, because this given sunday, Camryn was just that, Camryn :)



Now my girls are close in age, VERY CLOSE. 14 months to be exact. This was the hardest time in our lives. We were just finding out that Elli was dealing with the same global delays as Mikayla, and that we were going to take on an investment project to build a house. I finally stopped feeling sick from my gallbladder surgery and the liver set backs when I found out I was pregnant. So many people told me that after the first few years it would be the best thing ever and I would never look back to the time I was changing 2 diapers at a time 10 times a day, and feeding two kids who were almost at the same stage throwing food back at me, and that having two girls who couldn't walk gave me great bi-ceps. Instead I would remember the smiles, the giggles, and the laughs of two little angels who love nothing more than to spend almost every waking moment together. Ever since Camryn's last hospital stay in September, this is all I can think about. How much they missed each other, how they couldn't sleep well without each other, and how much they giggled with delight to see each other. I love taking pictures, mostly any pictures of my children, just because it gives me more than 1000 words, it gives me more than 1000 smiles, it gives me something that no one else can, complete appreciation for God working in his own mysterious ways :)

0 comments: