Friday, December 26, 2008

Every once in a while they shock ya...

So I am not the only parent with children who make countless projects at school that they treasure... I am also not the only parent with children who thinks they are the best creation ever and must be kept forever... I am also not the only mother of four children who asks herself the same question every day when cleaning off the counter/table...
Do they really need to know they made this one 10-20 years down the road or can I throw it away and it will be forgotten by tomorrow at 4pm???

Well every once in a while they shock me with something I just can't let go of. Something where taking a picture and storing it in an album will not do the creation it's justice. Give it's 15 minutes of fame, or even become all it can be in "all it's glory"!!! Now some have been a handprint ornament at a certain age that I don't want to forget, or the first story they have ever written, and some just "weigh" on your heart that you can't bear to let go of them... Well on December 14th, Elli brought one that just had to stay. It was cute, it was creative, it was heavy enough to handle our 35 mph winds we have been experiencing. Don't believe me? I have included a photo for proof :)

0 comments: