Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Has this day really come? I feel butterflies!

This is something I live for (other than my children, of course!) and the day is upon us again. Time to book our cabin. This is the toughest most stressful day of the whole experience. You research the boat to make sure you know the eligibility of quints, quads, and triples, and what floor has what amenities that you don't want to listen to at 4 am when you're the only one trying to sleep and so on. Then you go on the community message board and figure out what other veterans are planning on booking so you know how many people you have to get confirmed. And then you book, tell everyone you know that you will be out of town and hope that by tomorrow morning the face muscles will relax that have shown everyone you have seen in person just how damn giddy the boat makes you feel. It's insane. Then it's over. The rush, the adrenaline, the stomache knots. Then it's just waiting. Waiting for march to pass, memorial day to come, summer to be over, school to start for the kids, and the holiday hub-bub. Then when all of that happens it's like the rush starts to build all over again. The time starts to fly by so fast that you swear every morning you wake up it's 3 days later and the thing that I am booking today becomes a reality.
It amazes me that in one paragraph I just flew by an entire life of my year. But after all the shows, the concerts, the personal encounters with the artists, and all the memorobelia that you get to bring home I realize one thing.
I will not let a day pass me by, a month pass me by, or the years pass me by. I will live every last moment of that with my family, my friends, and myself.
Party on Garth!

0 comments: