I am not sure what it is about Spring Break that brings out the "senioritis" in us all, but boy has this been a lazy week. For the kids that is.
I am not sure what is going on, but our kids have dragged butt all week. It's like they know that they don't have to be at school, don't have to dress up, and don't have to be mentally prepared to learn. What is it about Spring Break that brings out the "senior" in us all? The all day daydreaming, the wondering what we are doing for summer, the I can't wait to sleep in every day phase?
Example...
This morning I was up early. 5:30, now I know for most that is what time you get up to get the kids out the door for work every morning, but on my days, I tend to get up later to miss the traffic on the other end in hopes that the extra sleep will help my kids learn better at school that day (I know, my own thinking) and it's been working for me. I had dishes done, the laundry going, the house picked up and I was almost ready for work. Then my children awoke. None of them wanting to eat what was available, none of them wanting to get dressed, and none of them thiking that me getting out the door before 9 was necessary. WTH? How can their not-yet-mature bodies be so in tune with my pet pieves? *SHEESH* So after 2 hours of following them, making sure they were doing what they needed to do, Davin says, "I have to pee" to which I respond "Can't we just get out the door?"
As he walks upstairs, I go out to the car and turn the key. I think to myself. Either my kids are really smart and trying to fool me, or they are just so clueless as to what I am saying, cause after all, I must be speaking swahili. UGH
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Can we please just get out the door?!?
Posted by Information at 6:40 PM
Labels: Children and their slowness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment