We have two wonderful friends, Mike and Jenni. Dan met Mike at work and after two years, Dan was in their wedding and we have been great friends ever since. Mike and Jenni don't have any kids so I think our kids are still "great" to them. They come over, hang out with us and our kids, it's really wonderful. So with all the Camryn drama we have missed them dearly and arranged some time on the calendar. When they came over Camryn was having a good night and she couldn't stop the twenty questions game with Jenni, and I must say, he was a better sport than I would have been :)

We had chocolate cake that I really need to go pick up another one of because it was to die for!
At about 9, Jenni and Mike needed a smoke break, since the kids were asleep, we decided to go out and join them(no, we don't smoke). It was raining at the time, but we figured it was a sign of spring. The next time we went outside the rain turned into this. Since Mike is a weather buff he informed us that it was supposed to turn over to snow at 3 am. 6 hours early. I hate Mother Nature some days.
The interesting part of the evening was still to come. Dan and Mike each had their own 12 pk of beer, not an uncommon thing, Mike had a sober cab so it's no big deal, right? 
Well 11 beers, 3 rounds on the wii of tennis and the night turned quickly. Mike went out for another smoke break after midnight and when he came back in he looked confused. When the lights were turned on, it revealed some scrapes and some blood. Except Mike didn't look so good. After he puked, and I cleaned up his scrapes, wrote down directions for Jenni to get them safely home, they were on their way. Mike later informed us that he did hit the concrete, slipping on the stoop (again, sometimes I HATE mother nature!!!) and got a concussion. YIKES! He's doing better now, his eye isn't swollen shut anymore :)
We do love hanging out with them, but next time, ONE twelve pack for the TWO of them.:)
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Mike and Jenni come to visit...
Posted by Information at 12:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment