Those words used to mean frustration when I was younger, it meant my mother was never around, and when she was, she was tired or had a migraine. As I got older, went to college and studied Finance, I could see my classmates getting more tense and more stressed as the days got closer to quarter end. Then there were the famous words that you could tell it was over "Happy Hour!"
So as I drive to work every morning through rain, sleet, or snow... I see less and less of the daytime and I need to enjoy the little things...
Like the leaves already changing...
(Do you know how many looks I got trying to take these pictures???)
This is the worst light ever!!
I work off one of the main interstates in the twin cities and 100 feet from it is a light. The biggest reason for bottleneck.
There is one thing I love about this intersection, driving by knowing that Dan has been at work for hours by the time I get through here.
This is my work exit.
This sign was newly replaced, and there is something about it that I just love, like it's my mascot. I guess it's because it's on our workstations that we send out and it's what I see at every children's hospital we go to for a CT, LOL
This is my favorite place to park, right by this tree, it's pretty from April-November and I don't know what draws me to it!
Now as much time as I have been at my job, doing my work, I have realized that I have come to love Quarter end. The rush, the thrill of being slammed constantly, and most of all the food! Even if it does put me in a coma. It's like one big team trying to get something done for the good of the company and I love being a part of it! I am not sure if this will ever change, but I hope it never ends. I need to remember frequently that I work for a great company and in this economy there are those out there without a job, let alone one they don't love. I guess, this is me counting my blessings... :)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Quarter End
Posted by Information at 9:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment