Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Did someone say CUPCAKES? or should I say Sprinkles????

Now I am a cupcake lover, always have been. I have been completely content with the ones I have made at home, whether box mix or from scratch, butter cream frosting makes everything better, no?

Well my dear friend Veronica decided that she would take me with her on her quest for the perfect cupcake. How could I deny her the right to have an audience? LOL Ok, so more like a partner in crime, but you get the gist!

So we went to a local shop here called Cupcake and thought we had found the right place for us. Now I don't think I have ever been more astonished, let alone let down at the service, and the product!!!! It wasn't horrible, but I knew mine were better. So then Veronica went to Williams Sonoma to buy some cucake holders (plastic containers that hold a cupcake in place, in tact in lunch boxes brown bags, whatever!!! Genius I tell ya!!) and while there, she stumbled upon a cupcake mix called Sprinkles. She saw that if you bought two, you got 2$ off each. She figured, why not. $12 each was better than $14 each, right?

Well she came over, the kids helped make them, and let me tell you, red velvet cream cheese frosted cupcakes are always welcome in my house, or at least they were.


There was cupcake mix...


There were completed cupcakes...



there was frosting...



and then there were helpers fiding all of the above very interesting...



And then the red velvet devils came out...







So let me set the record straight. I am now forever ruined, these are hands down the best cupcakes I have EVER had. I have tried plenty, an I am forever ruined, I can no longer eat just any cupcake and really enjoy it. I guess I will use sprinkles as my "potluck" item any chance I get!!

0 comments: