Friday, February 29, 2008

A day in the life of a Mom with sick kids...

Hello again...

Well here is another morning where we are starving at least one child for a procedure.  It never gets any easier.  The fact that the appointment isn't until 9:30 and 10:30 makes it that much worse.  Camryn does nothing but eat all morning long and I know she will be crying by 8 am when we get there.
Camryn needs tonsils and adenoids removed and possibly a new set of tubes.  Davin on the other hand needs his adenoids removed but possibly a sinus irrigation.  We think that is why he continually gets sinus infections.  He never truely gets rid of the infection in the upper sinuses behind your forehead.  I guess we'll find out!
Now these may seem like extensive, but considering it's not the first ENT surgery for either, it's no big deal to us.  We just want our kids to be well and reduce the risk of Camryn's sedation issues.  I am hoping that we will find resolution and peace after their recovery.  

Well I have also made the decision that I will not be going on the scrapbooking cruise.  As much as it saddens me that I will not see Andrea and Maryse, I really need to think of my family.  a 5 day and then a 3 day cruise in 2.5 weeks is just too much on my family.  However, I am looking into a CA retreat for scrapbooking.  As long as the timing is right, or decided for that matter :)

Dan's sister's wedding is in August, it is in Vegas with a reception here.  the kids are excited!  It's so hard to have to tell her that I can't commit that far in advance.  Being a mom of sick kids is one thing, but a mom of sick kids with special needs puts me in this limbo category that is just so frustrating!  There are so many things in life that should just be a given, like being at a SILs wedding, and it's just not.  How do you make life happen when seizure disorders have you on hold, yk?

Well we are going to be leaving shortly so I intend to update later today if you'd like to check back!

0 comments: