Another Day, Another Dollar...Just another manic Monday...Here we go again....
Why is it that most phrases about work are negative? I love going to work. I love what I do, I love what company I work for, and I love the team I work with. I don't feel depressed about Mondays. Sure, like any mom, I miss my kids deeply. I do have days where I just want to leave, pick them up, and do some activity that I used to do with them when I was a SAHM. I can still do some of that. I can still go to work, feel like I am a part of something great, and be the mom I think they need. So why does my husband have to be such a grouch about it?
This morning it was "why aren't you in the shower yet" and "I am going to be so swamped today" and "well if I had this kind of help when I was gone then I wouldn't be so overwhelmed" and I was just shocked. Has he just lost sight of what he is a part of? Has he decided to give up on caring about the purpose of a career? How can I help him realize what he is taking for granted?
Maybe it's all those years of being at home with the kids, though purposed, not doing something that was all about me? Was it the days of bordem and the cold days of being locked up in the house that tought me how wonderful it feels to be valued by the company you work for? Am I wrong for feeling that he should stop complaining and be a little more greatful that he has a job unlike so many americans? That his able body can work and he should be thankful? How can I tell him to stop whining but not in those words? I feel like I should send him to church!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Another Week, Here We Go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dan at church....LMFAO. Ok, so maybe its not that funny, but still, I just dont see it. I hate my job and will be complaining about it all day tomorrow, and for the next three days for that matter. Some people just do not have great jobs that they like, or even in your case, love. I have a job that I can say I hate, it doesnt really pay the bills, but does create more bills, and is not the most pleasant place to work. Trust me, I can handle the customers, but the other employees just ruin it. Ok, Im done I think...lol
Marcia, call me!! There is a scrapping cruise next year. COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that not every job is great, but this is where he wanted to go. He took 5 years of crap to get this job. He has the flexibility to work from home, he has a laptop they let him use for personal as well as business. They don't make him travel across the us constantly like his co-workers and he gets tons of perks. I can see retail sucking, I have been there, but he really does have it pretty good. Not to mention that his insurance has paid out about $300000.00 since Camryn was born. I guess I just think he should be greatful, yk?
Post a Comment