Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Boy Who obviously needs brotherly companionship...



A long time ago when Dan and I first got together we knew we wanted a larger family, but we never really agreed on the gender thing. I, of course, wanted all boys, I had 3 brothers, loved growing up with less frill. Dan grew up with three sisters and already had two nephews so he wanted to see girls in his family. After we had Mikayla and Davin gender seemed more important to me than to anyone else. I always invisioned baseball, football, hockey, jeans, T-shirts, and sweatshirts. When we went to Elli's ultrasound knowing it was going to be our last, the word hamburger was hard to swallow. I thought about how Davin wouldn't have a rough and tumble friend, he wouldn't have someone to go outside with and just wrestle to the ground with all his might. Yet I never thought that a sisterly bond would be work either (later I find out this can be worse, no really, it can!) So when we found out we were pregnant after Elli turning 6 months old we were floored, but then I thought, could this be Davin's little brother? As time went on, I really believe it was. Then the discussion of CP and possible brain issues was so alarming that the gender seemed trivial. When we later found out she was in fact a girl all the thoughts of Davin playing outside by himself made me want to cry. Where was his playmate???

Well when we walked into Stacie's and saw the puppies, we knew we had to have one! And since everything in our lives seemed to be so unique, we needed to find unique again. Maisy, the only all black terrier in the group! Davin loved her! He was so caring and gentle and so excited to have someone who wanted to play with him as energetically as he could only keep up with. They are like two peas in a pod! Davin even takes her downstairs to do laundry with him! So when another litter showed up at Stacie's, Harley just had to be ours! Scrappy, yet sweet, energetic, yet cuddly... she was the one. And to this day, Davin still loves his rough and tumble girls...

0 comments: