Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 years...

Today marks 7 years. Seven years of loss in my eyes. Hopefully some days soon it will stop. Even though I understand why we are committed to our country, I still have thoughts that why our country went was based on lies. It just saddens me to think about those who have lost, and worries me to think of those we might lose. The terrorism didn't end that day, and it didn't start that day, but why we live in terror has some new attributes. I hope this will resolve before too many suffer...

Do you remember where you were that day??

I was at home, nursing my son, then 6 months old. My daycare children were asleep in their beds and for some reason, Dan woke up late, took a while to get to work. After the computer systems crashed (because they were linked with stuff in the WTC) he was told not to come in anyway. It was probably the only time that my family was together through such a tragic event. Dan, Myself, Mikayla, and Davin. Sitting on the couch, holding each other close, staring at the TV in disbelief and wondering who we knew was on the inside. Wondering if we knew someone on that plane. Horrified to know that the next attach could be anywhere...

Please hug those you love today, call this National let those I love know I love them day.

0 comments: