WOW.
It's here, it's really here! I am going to be 30 next month. I am finally going to be the age that lets people know that I am not a child anymore! Some of the statements that have bothered me over the years?
"You look too young to be a mother!"
"You have for kids? But you're just a baby"
"Four kids? Are you even old enough to have one?"
"Did somebody put speed in your lifeclock?"
Now all of these comments may seem on the surface that I am very mature for how I look or my age or whatever, but they bring up so many questions for me.
"What, young people can't be good parents?"
"Why is it bad that I am accomplishing goals before the normal age?"
"Does aging well directly make me young and stupid?"
"Am I any less of a good mother because I was young when I had them?"
There is something about turning 30 that no longer warrants you to act like a kid, make stupid choices, and get away with all the crap that you used to when you were in your 20's. I have felt like I am 30'something for years! I have a hubby, house, kids, dogs, job, responsibiliites that have come first in my life, and most of all, I have common sense. Since when were these bad things? Since I gained them all in my 20's. I can't wait for people to see me as the adult I have been for the last 10 years (14 if you talk about how long I have lived away from home) and I can't wait to earn the respect of being in my 30's.
It's odd, I know, but it's like the grandparent that brings the kid a baby toy when they are 7 and just can't relate. It's not the number, it's the maturity level.
Found the goals I wanted to accomplish by turning 30 (1996)
Be married
Have a degree
Be involved with an international trade company
Have at least 2 kids
Live in a home that I designed
Be on the track to retire at 50
Now most of these I have accomplished. I wanted an MBA, it's on my list of to do's. I work for an global company, just not in international trade. I have four kids, guess I over achieved there, LOL. I did design my house, with an architect! And althogh we could retire at 50, we would have to live in a 1 bedroom apt. So we are getting there. I am sure once the kids graduate, we can put more money away to retirement anyway.
So what am I doing at the age of 30? To celebrate my growing up? To celebrate my frist 30 years (Thanks Tim McGraw :) )???
I am getting a tatoo!!!!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Is this really my last month of being 29?
Posted by Information at 12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yay a tattoo...can't wait to see it...and turning 30 isn't so bad. :)
You've been tagged!! Check out my blog!
Post a Comment